Advertisement

Best Campsite for group of teenagers?

topic posted Mon, March 19, 2007 - 11:56 AM by  Veronica
Share/Save/Bookmark
I need to find the best campsite to stay at for the country fair. Also, is camping out there fun or is it total shit? any predictions for this year on what it'll be like? Should we try to get in with a stand and work or should we just do the 10 minute walk from the camps?

MUCHO amor.
posted by:
Veronica
Oregon
Advertisement
  • Unsu...

I really like camping out at the fair. Not sure which site would be best for you though. Good idea if you can bring a large tent/screens for privacy, etc. A motorhome or camper would be deluxe. I usually stay at Carefree Farms, and camp out in a tent, although this year I'll be in a truck camper, as it seems to be getting more crowded, so lots of noise and zero privacy. I love the walk through the woods to the fair as opposed to the hot smelly parking lot scene every morning. Just my 2 cents.
  • you could also try Zumwalt or Darling, have you camped off site in the past?
    Zumwalt is great cu's you have the water out side your tent but there is a 10pm hush, I hear Darling is a bit losser but I have not been to Darling, oh yah Zumwalt has a bus that shuttles people back and forth Friday & Saturday.
    Have you been to the OCF web page, you will find a listing of off site camping & cost.
    good luck.
    • I LOVE the Darling reunion, it is on the crazier side though. Last two years they had a reggae band on saturday night by the front of the barn. They have a loud side and a family/quiet side (but truth be told, the quiet side isn't technically quiet...but it's nice to fall asleep to the sound of music being made and happiness all around) One year I swear the love in the camp and the music brought down lightning, it was life altering! They have a bonfire, drumming, singing, usually fire dancing too, oh and lots of venders on the louder side. It really depends on what kind of camping environment you want. I think everywhere is getting more crowded nearby but the vibe is good all around. I too like to just walk into the fair. Good luck :)